Popis vlastností 6-Methylcoumarinu
- Odor Type: coconut
- Odor Description:
- At 1.00 % in dipropylene glycol
- Sweet coconut vanilla creamy powdery floral
- Taste Description:
- At 20.00 ppm
- Sweet coconut, vanilla like with a creamy cake-like nuance 
- Flavor: Dry herbaceous coconut
- One of the most important constituent of coconut flavours
- Used effectively in:
- Nut, caramel, butter, date, fig, root beer etc. 
- Frequently used in various vanilla compositions
- Extra ordinary stability towards heat
- Excellent for flavour meant for baked goods
- Concentration in finished products is usually less then 30 ppm 
Rizika při práci v potravinářském průmyslu
- R 22 - Harmful if swallowed.
- R 42/43 - May cause sensitization by inhalation and skin contact.
- S 02 - Keep out of the reach of children.
- S 20/21 - When using do not eat, drink or smoke.
- S 24/25 - Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- S 26 - In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- S 37/39 - Wear suitable gloves and eye/face protection.
- Human Experience:
- 4 % solution: no irritation or sensitization. 
- Oral/Parenteral Toxicity:
- Oral-rat LD50 1680 mg/kg
- Food and Cosmetics Toxicology. Vol. 14, Pg. 605, 1976. 
- Dermal Toxicity:
- Subcutaneous-mouse LD50 253 mg/kg 
- Photoallergenicity and phototoxicity 
- BEHAVIORAL: CONVULSIONS OR EFFECT ON SEIZURE THRESHOLD
- Yakugaku Zasshi. Journal of Pharmacy. Vol. 76, Pg. 186, 1956.
- Skin-rabbit LD50 > 5000 mg/kg
- Food and Cosmetics Toxicology. Vol. 14, Pg. 605, 1976