- The potent virus killer
- Cheap and simple Lugol’s iodine
- Named because it was developed by the French doctor, J. G. A. Lugol
- First mixed iodine and potassium iodine in water with the intention of using it as a disinfectant.
- This form of iodine is used as an antiseptic on patients and in operating rooms
- Because it kills bugs of every description
- In low doses is non-toxic to the body’s cells involved with healing 
Strong iodine solution: (Lugol's solution)
- Treatment of many conditions in which the action of iodine ion is desired such as
- Keratitis associated with excessive keratin 
Lugol's Iodine Solution - transdermální aplikace
- Usually taken transdermally — through the skin
- Available in varying strengths
Desinfekční krém Dr Myhill proti koronaviru - iodine oil
- Coconut also contact-kills COVID virus
- Soften some coconut oil and add 10 parts of coconut oil to 1 part of Lugol’s iodine (from 5 to 15 %)
- It will make a yellowly liquid paste.
- Rub a marble size amount into your hands, forearm and around your face
- That will contact-kill the virus in a few seconds
- It will stick to your door handle, or car door and kill virus there too
- Roztok elementárního jódu a jodidu draselného
- Získal svůj název podle francouzského lékaře J.G.A Lugola
- Poprvé připravil v roce 1829
- V první polovině 20. století se používal jako univerzální lék a dezinfekce
- Dle českého lékopisu Lugolův roztok 3,5%
- Lugolův roztok není jodová tinktura, neobsahuje alkohol.
- Lugolův roztok se používá jako
- Test na přítomnost škrobů
- Do mořských akvárií
- Není určeno k vnitřnímu užití.
Lugolův roztok - plicní aspergilóza - kazuistika
- Finding mold on some of my stored clothing
- I dry cleaned the clothing with mold and wore them but developed an increasingly bad cough and severe sinus congestion plus asthmatic attacks when in my apartment. I had no fever. On finding that dry-cleaning does not kill mold (just removes the appearance) I wondered if I had inhaled some of the mold spores from the clothing.
- I tested the walls of the closet in which the moldy clothes had been stored. It showed positive for only the Aspergillus mold.
- After that I got a blood test for Aspergillus IgG, IgM, and IgE... these showed that I had an active infection of aspergillus mold in my body. I have now been battling the internal aspergillus infection for almost 2 years.
- I had to move out of my apartment and get rid of most of my belongings.
- I have taken high dose Lugol's iodine to kill the mold (200-300 mg per day) and it took over 3 months to clear the mold out of my sinuses (so clogged I could not breath through my nose or hear out of one ear) and get rid of the asthma attacks.
- Additional breathing in of nascent iodine in a nebulizer, taking grapefruit seed extract, and staying off of sugars, high dose vitamin C, etc has helped me cough up many mucus plugs of grayish rubbery plugs until my lungs now feel clear and I can lie down to sleep again at night.
- If it were not for this test, I might still be wondering what happened and be breathing in (mold-increasing) nebulizers, instead of getting rid of the root problem causing the asthma and severe congestion.
- After 2 years of high dose iodine, and putting iodine (Lugols) into my nebulizer and neti pot, my blood IgG for Aspergillus had dropped from over 180 to the high 50s.
- I dropped my daily dose of Iodoral from 300 mg (not mcg) to 200 mg for another year (checking my thyroid from time to time to make sure it was reasonably OK).
- After my Asperigillus IgG went into the normal range I got another CT scan which showed that the polyps in my lungs were gone.
- I know that I probably will never be totally mold-free but I thank God that after a year of no high dose iodine (I only take it now if I get a cold or infection of any kind) and taking much more Vitamin C, my blood markers remain in the normal range, my lungs are clear, my sinuses are clear, and my ears are clear.
Předávkování Lugolovým roztokem
- Patient was accidentally given an entire 100 mL container of the solution in a single dose
- Amounted to a total of 5 g of free iodine
- Acute toxicity of Lugol's solution is related to its iodine content
- High potassium concentration can cause
- Extreme irritation of the mucosal membranes
- Can experience metabolic acidosis, renal failure, hypotension, circulatory collapse, and death
- This patient received more than a potentially lethal adult dose of free iodine (2 to 4 g)
- His condition deteriorated and required intervention to manage the overdose
- The patient fortunately recovered.
Proplachy nosu s ředěným Lugolovým roztokem dle Dr Myhill
- Fyzilogický roztok/slaná voda v konvičce na proplach nosu - lze i inhalovat
- ‘Drizzle Lugol’s 15 percent iodine 1-4 drops (whatever is tolerated) into the mouthpiece
- Sniff this through the nose and exhale through the mouth
- Keep going until the iodine smell is gone (about 20 sniffs).
- At least three times daily nebo častěji
- In the short term expect to see more catarrh as the body sweeps out the dead microbes.’
- Dr Myhill has used this on a number of patients with serious respiratory infections and it has worked very swiftly to get them better.
Lugol's solution in USA
- Contains 100 mg/mL of potassium iodide and 50 mg/mL of iodine
- Given orally
- 1) reduces thyroid vascularity—hence its use to reduce blood loss during thyroid surgery;
- 2) temporarily inhibits thyroid hormone synthesis and secretion—hence its use in treating thyrotoxic crisis and in reducing the risk of thyroid storm post thyroid surgery
- 3) blocks thyroidal uptake of radioactive isotopes, thereby reducing the risk of thyroid cancer—hence its use in a radiation emergency or therapeutic/diagnostic exposure of radioactive iodine.
- Lugol's solution is also approved for use as a topical antiseptic.